Track rain using Interactive Radar

Boy’s hoverboard catches on fire in Henrico apartment parking lot

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- A Henrico boy's hoverboard caught on fire Wednesday afternoon. Fire officials said a boy was riding the hoverboard in the parking lot outside his Bethania Court apartment, near Staples Mill and Hungary Springs. When he fell off the board, he noticed the hoverboard was smoking.

He went inside to get his mother and when they returned the smoke had increased. The fire department was then called.


When Henrico County Fire crews arrived to the scene, the board was on fire in the parking lot. Officials said the call came in at 5:44 p.m. Six minutes later, crews were on the scene. Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly and prevent any damage to surrounding vehicles.

No one was injured due to the fire.

Google Map for coordinates 37.640520 by -77.517388.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.