TRACK RAIN: Use CBS 6 Interactive Radar

Sprinkler puts out pan fire in Henrico home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va — Crews responded to a Henrico home after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

It happened in the 5500 block of Cliffbrook Circle at around 4:00 Monday afternoon. When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from the front of a downstairs apartment.

When they made their way inside, though, crews saw the fire had already been put out by a sprinkler head.

One of the people who lived there was cooking when she left the stove unattended for a moment. When she came back, the pan had caught fire.

No one was hurt and everyone made it out safely. Only the people who lived in the affected apartment were displaced.

Henrico Fire Department said cooking fires are the top cause of fires in homes.