RICHMOND Va. -- Travelers looking to fly to Florida now have a new nonstop option out of Richmond International Airport. Allegiant airline will begin flying from Richmond to Jacksonville International Airport beginning April 15. Special introductory fares will be priced as low as $39* for a one-way ticket.
The Richmond to Jacksonville route was just one of 19 new routes the airline announced Tuesday.
"We are very excited to announce new routes within the communities we currently serve and to also have the opportunity to introduce our unique brand of ultra-low-cost travel to three brand-new cities," Jude Bricker, Allegiant senior vice president of planning, said. "It's a great way to start 2016 by announcing these new flights, new cities and providing millions of travelers more options to vacation for less this year."
Allegiant also flies from Baltimore / Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI). Newly announced routes from BWI include:
- Savannah, Georgia - begins April 29, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
- Cincinnati - begins April 29, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - begins May 19, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
- Asheville, North Carolina - begins May 19, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
- Knoxville, Tennessee - begins May 20, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
- Lexington, Kentucky -begins June 3, 2016 with fares as low as $39*
"Tickets for all routes are now available. Flight days and times and the lowest available fares can be found only at Allegiant.com," the airline announced.
*About the promotional one-way fares:
Seats are limited. Price includes taxes and fees. Fares are one-way and not available on all flights. Must be purchased by Jan. 13, 2016 for travel by Aug. 16, 2016. Price displayed reflects purchase by debit card; purchase by credit card subject to surcharge not to exceed $8 each way per passenger. See Allegiant.com for details. For optional services and baggage fees, please visit Allegiant.com. Additional restrictions may apply