Crime Insider: Motorcyclist arrested after boy riding bike hit

Family dog dies after being rescued from Henrico house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. – A dog has died after a fire broke out at a home on Henrico's North Side Saturday night.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 9800 block of Durango Road around 10:15 p.m.

Officials said crews were still working to extinguish the fire as of 10:50 p.m.

"First arriving units were on scene in six minutes and reported a single story home with heavy fire involvement," Henrico Fire spokesman Capt. Danny Rosenbaum said. "Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly and prevent any further damage."

The fire, which started in the living room, was marked under control at 10:45 p.m.

Firefighters rescued the family's dog, but the animal later died.

Rosenbaum said the two people inside made it out safely. The home did have a working smoke detector.

Officials said the family of two will be displaced.

The fire remains under investigation and there is no word yet on what sparked the blaze.

 

Google Map for coordinates 37.649192 by -77.489888.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.