Christmas morning turkey fire burns Chesterfield garage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- A turkey in a deep fryer sparked a Christmas morning garage fire at home along the 5300 block of Hopkins Road, near Meadowbrook Country Club, in Chesterfield.
Two people were treated on scene for smoke inhalation. Neighbors said it appeared Chesterfield firefighters had the fire under control in less than an hour.

A portion of Hopkins Road was closed while fire crews worked in the neighborhood. The fire was reported to the Chesterfield Fire Department at about 10:30 a.m.

Google Map for coordinates 37.449864 by -77.473886.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.