Pan left on hot stove sparks Henrico house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire burns home on Yates Lane in Henrico. (PHOTO: Henrico Fire)

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — A smoke alarm was credited for helping a family of four escape an East End house fire. The fire was reported at a single-story home at about 3:38 a.m. Wednesday on Yates Lane.

“First arriving units reported smoke coming from the single story home. Inside the home fire crews found fire in the kitchen around the stove area,” Henrico Fire spokesman Lt. Danny Rosenbaum said. “The fire was stopped quickly.”

Fire investigators ruled a pan left on a hot stove started the fire.

“Working smoke alarms not only save lives they also alerted the family to the fire while it was still small, minimizing the damage to the home,” Rosenbaum said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.