UCI race road closures and alternate routes for Thursday Sept. 24
RICHMOND, Va. — Thursday is not a race day, but rather a trial day on the Road Circuit course. The road closures that go into effect from 9 a.m. to approximately 2 p.m. will be the same roads that close Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as the Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship races.
Richmond City schools get out of school early on Thursday, and are off on Friday.
The race course only winds through Richmond and will shut down neighborhoods in the Fan, some of Broad Street, downtown, Shockoe Bottom, and Church Hill.
E. Broad Street
W. Broad Street
N. Belvidere Street
W. Franklin Street
N. Lombardy Street
W. Main Street
N. 15th Street
N. 29th Street
E. Franklin Street
N. 25th Street
N. 18th Street
- I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
- Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
- I-95 south Exit 74B ramp to Franklin Street will be closed
- To the Medical College of Virginia (MCV) area: Take Exit 75 (I-64 east/3rd Street).
- To the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) campus/Fan area: Take Exit 78 (the Boulevard) south to Cary Street (Route 147).
- To the Capitol area: Take Exit 73 (Maury Street) and follow the posted detour.
- To Shockoe area: From I-95 north, take Exit 74C (E. Broad Street).
The last three days of the UCI are forecasted to bring the most spectators into town. There will be two extra Fan Zones, at Libby Hill and also at 23rd and Franklin Street. Those will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.
The WTVR.com/UCI page is where all bike-race related stories land.
- UCI PICS: How to share your race pics
- Parking rates slashed after city streets aren’t clogged up by race
- How Boston Marathon bombing shaped security for UCI races in Richmond
- Watch UCI races without leaving the house
- Where to find the 41 Richmond food trucks and get beer at UCI races
- Visit Kings Dominion for free on the day a UCI race starts there
- How to grab the best view during UCI Road World Championship races
- Times, closures, fan zones and courses for Richmond 2015 bike races
- Family guide for Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship races
- Richmond events surrounding the UCI Road World Championships
- These four city blocks along Broad Street are closing, don’t freak out
- How to get to Richmond 2015 via vehicle, shuttle, bike or mass transit
- Why Pop-Up RVA signs are popping up in empty downtown storefronts
- Temporary foot bridges up at VCU ahead of UCI Road World Championships
- Richmond 2015 bike race unlimited GRTC bus pass now on sale
- MAPS: A look at the 2015 UCI Road World Championships routes through Richmond