RICHMOND, Va. — There will be 41 food trucks at the Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship Races. There are four locations where you can find them over the course of nine days.
The vendors will be: Africanne on Main, Big Kahuna Kettle Korn, Bon Bon, Carytown Burgers & Fries, Casa del Barco, Cheezilla, Cherry Hill Ice Cream, Chick-Fil-A, Coco Bans, Croaker’s Spot, Curbside Creations, DeRochonnet, Edible Education, Espresso A Go Go, Gelati Celesti, Ginger Thai, Goatocado, Guac En Case, Halligan’s Bar & Grill, Happy Empanada,Ice Cream Cart, King of Pops, Kona Grill, La Milpa, Lamplighter, Mister Softee, Opa, Polar Roller, Port o’Call, Return of Mac, Sammich, Sizzle Fish, Slideways, Smoothilicious, Soul Ice, Stick’s Kebob, Sweet Tea’s Southern Cuisine, Sweet Temptations by Teresa, The Boardwalk, The Dog Wagon, and The Hungry Turtle.
The locations are:
- 5th and Broad Street, where the start and finish line is located
- Governor Street and Broad Street. There will be some food trucks in the beer garden, and other between 11th and 12th Streets.
- Franklin and 23 Street
- Libby Hill Park
Vendors will rotate on days. The food and beer vendors near Church Hill are only operating Friday – Sunday, Sept. 24 -27, in conjunction with the road circuit races.
The options have been parsed out in the document below based on day and location. The open and close times fluctuate, based on race activity.
Of note is that on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19 and 20, Lakeside will host a bunch of food trucks and eats. The Garden at Lewis Ginter Botantical Gardens will have several dining options and a beer garden within view of the cyclists, both Saturday and Sunday. For hours and menus visit their Richmond 2015 Dining page.
There will be food trucks at the Lakeside Rescue Squad parking lot, at 2007 Timberlake Avenue, from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Sept. 19 and from 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 20.
The beer garden at Governor’s Street and Broad will be the homestretch of the races. There are always two food trucks inside that area, and the other trucks will be between 11th and 12 streets along Broad St. This spot also has a Jumbotron.
The majority of food trucks are around the start/finish line, for seven days.
The Franklin and 23rd spot is positioned along the crucial, cobblestoned climb bicyclists have to make.
Libby Hill will be a great place to eat, drink, watch cyclists and take in the view of Richmond.
There are also dining options inside the FanFest, which is the Greater Richmond Convention Center. The FanFest is open from 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. beginning Sunday, Sept. 20 and runs through Sept. 27.
Then, of course, there are numerous patios along the routes, outside the designated “Fan Zones.”
Team time trial
Individual time trial circuit
Men’s elite individual time trial
Road circuit course
Local food trucks said they are ready to feed thousands of hungry cycling fans expected to arrive in Richmond for the UCI World Road Championships.
“Based off projections, this is going to be the biggest sporting event to ever happen in Richmond. They’re comparing it to a Tour de France,” Malcolm Andress, president of RVA Street Foodies and owner of Soul Ice, a frozen dessert vending company, said. “I have personally never done something like this before so it’s going to be interesting to learn from and to participate in as a vendor.”
Continue reading How food trucks and carts will cater to cycling fans visiting Richmond…
The WTVR.com/UCI page is where all bike-race related stories land.
- How Boston Marathon bombing shaped security for UCI races in Richmond
- Watch UCI races without leaving the house
- Visit Kings Dominion for free on the day a UCI race starts there
- How to grab the best view during UCI Road World Championship races
- Times, closures, fan zones and courses for Richmond 2015 bike races
- Family guide for Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship races
- Richmond events surrounding the UCI Road World Championships
- These four city blocks along Broad Street are closing, don’t freak out
- How to get to Richmond 2015 via vehicle, shuttle, bike or mass transit
- Why Pop-Up RVA signs are popping up in empty downtown storefronts
- Temporary foot bridges up at VCU ahead of UCI Road World Championships
- Richmond 2015 bike race unlimited GRTC bus pass now on sale
- MAPS: A look at the 2015 UCI Road World Championships routes through Richmond