Infant dies after she’s left in hot car

Virginia teen dies after taking drug ‘Molly’ at electronic dance music show

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WASHINGTON - A 19-year-old woman died after taking the drug "Molly" at a concert venue in Washington D.C. late Wednesday night, police told Victoria Callahan, from Steling, Virginia, was at an electronic dance music show called Flume at the Echostage concert venue in Northeast D.C.  Callahan was taken to the hospital around midnight.  Hospital officials confirmed Thursday afternoon that Callahan died while in the emergency room later that morning. The investigation into her death was considered on-going.

This was the second time a person has collapsed and later died after taking molly while attending a concert at Echostage, according to WUSA. A University of Virginia sophomore died after taking molly before a show at the club in September 2013.

Molly is a street name for MDMA, an ingredient in ecstasy.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.