According to the Richmond Fire Department the call came in for a fire on Harwood St. just after 11 p.m.
"I just happened to wake up -- usually I'm sitting over there where the fire started, but for some reason I haven't been sitting there this week," said Kathleen Moran, who lives at the home.
Five people were inside when the fire happened, including a two-year-old boy.
Moran has lived at the house for over 30 years and said almost everything was lost in the fire. She said she believes it was an electrical issue.
However, although she lost her home, she said she is thanking God that no one was hurt.
"I can get another house, but I can't get another life," she said.