Mom races home from work after witnessing explosion on nanny cam

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BELLINGHAM, Wash. — A family’s boiler over-pressurized inside their home in Washington state last week and blew up. The explosion was caught on the family’s nanny camera. One of the homeowners, Anne-Marie Faiola, saw it happen from work.

"I logged in and just went ‘ohh!’ left everything there where the meeting was and raced home," she said.

Faiola raced straight home to the basement where the kids normally jump in the indoor bouncy house. The Faiola’s baby daughter was still sound asleep in her room and her older brother had gone to work with their dad. After hearing the explosion the kids’ nanny saw steam and dust coming from the baby room vents.

"She ran straight back in here, not knowing what was in here, grabbed Lily and went outside," Faiola said.

The family’s home is in shambles, but both parents said they are just grateful to have their family intact.

"When you think about the what-ifs, of course you get emotional. But I really need to focus on the positive, which is hey, the house is cracked in half, totally fine," Faiola said. "We can fix that."

After looking through the house crews told everyone to leave the home so they could inspect the home for asbestos. Now the family and fire officials are reminding people to have their heating and cooling appliances inspected regularly so this type of accident doesn’t happen.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.