RICHMOND, Va. – A new Twitter account was created as the launching point for a fun game of trivia to see just how well you know the locals.
The online “contest” was schemed up by @EllenM7 as a way to help you get to know your Twitter community, and local businesses.
It starts with Twitter account @RVATweeters.
Once the game launches, two clues will be posted daily from the @RVATweeters account — Monday thru Friday only. The clues will be about a Twitter user, a total of 10 things that should make that person of the week recognizable.
If you recognize that person, AND you have a local Twitter account, then email your guess to RVATweeters@verizon.net. Include your twitter handle, duh.
Repeat, EMAIL YOUR GUESS, DON’T TWEET IT. And don’t give away secrets either, people.
All correct entries will go into a drawing, which will be decided by a random drawing application. The person selected gets whatever the prize of the week is — just by playing along. No strings attached.
Local businesses donate the prizes. The business with the prize of the week will get a mention a day from the @RVATweeters account.
“It’s really just a little getting to know you exercise that will also help showcase and promote our local businesses,” Ellen writes. “All for fun, no one is making any money off of it.”
- One entry per Twitter handle.
- You must have a local Twitter handle to be eligible for entry.
- Email your guess identifying the Tweeter of the Week along with your Twitter handle to RVATweeters@verizon.net
- Gift card use is subject to the rules of the business.
- Prizes are to be picked up at the participating business, unless otherwise specified.
- Please do not post your answer in the public timeline so it doesn’t spoil the fun for others. Use the email address provided.
- Entries must be received by noon on Sunday, after all 10 clues have been revealed.