TRACK RAIN: Use CBS 6 Interactive Radar

Chesterfield mom, child left homeless following overnight house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD, Va. -- A mother and child were forced from their home overnight following a house fire. The two were awakened by a smoke detector going off inside the home, at which time they managed to escape unharmed.

Fire crews were called to the townhouse located in the Buford Commons neighborhood, near Buford Road and Midlothian Turnpike, around midnight. The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes, but not before causing significant damage to the home.

As a precaution several families living near the townhouse, which caught fire, were also evacuated as precaution. Fire investigators said there was concern the flames might spread.

The fire has been ruled accidental. No word just yet on when those families evacuated will be allowed to return to their homes. It's also unknown right now how much damages the fire caused.

Stay with CBS 6 for more on this developing story.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.