Two people, and pet displaced after Henrico house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO, Va. –Fire crews responded to the 200 block of Glinhurst Rd in the county’s East End early Saturday morning for the report of a kitchen fire.

According to Captain Rosenbaum, Henrico fire units received the call at 05:34 a.m

Crews reported light smoke from the front door of the single story residence in the kitchen.

There was Significant damage to the kitchen with smoke damage throughout following an unattended grease on the stove cooking fire.

Two adult occupants were at home at the time of the fire, sleeping in the living room and the bedroom, along with the family dog.

A smoke detector was present, but did not have a battery.

The adult male woke up for work and discovered the heat and smoke condition in the hallway.

Both evacuated without injury and were assessed by a Henrico Fire Medic Unit.

The fire was controlled by one of the male occupants with a garden hose.

Fire crews were able to locate the family pet who was also not injured.

Occupants will be displaced pending repairs.

1 Comment

  • jason

    When will people learn to keep fresh batteries in their smoke detectors? im glad nobody was hurt or worse, but come on people, pay $2 for a battery instead of taking the old one out because the chirp got annoying.

Comments are closed.