Fire that damaged four apt. units caused by french fry oil

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

fire chippCHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — The Chesterfield Fire Department was called to a burning apartment building around 7 p.m. Monday, in the 4000 block of Chippendale Court. Officials say that six people were displaced and four units damaged. There were no injuries. The cause of the fire was a pan of French fry oil left on the stove, and the stove was left on, officials said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.