RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) - The next time you see Bill Bevins out on the town, be sure to congratulate him.
The Virginia This Morning co-host and former Lite 98 radio morning show host will be inducted into the VCU Virginia Communications Hall of Fame Thursday night.
"Bevins, veteran Richmond radio morning show host and talk show co-host at WTVR-CBS 6“Virginia This Morning,” began his broadcast career working with radio stations WSVS, WHAP, WRNL and WRXL, among others," VCU posted about the Hall of Fame honoree. "Bevins was named Broadcaster of the Year by the Richmond Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1996 and was inducted into the Richmond Broadcasters Hall of Fame with a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1998."
Other inductees include:
- Retired Virginian-Pilot and Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter Michael Hardy
- Daily Progress publisher Lawrence McConnell
- WVEC-TV anchor Regina Mobley
- Professor and former VCU Brandcenter managing director Kelly O’Keefe
- Raycom Media group VP and former NBC 12 general manager Don Richards
“The Hall of Fame is a signature event hosted by VCU,” Dr. Hong Cheng, director of the Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture, said. “We are proud to host this distinguished event and to honor the outstanding careers of those inducted into the Hall of Fame.”