Man found shot on I-64

Dishwasher sparks Henrico kitchen fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Magnus Lane kitchen fire (PHOTO: Henrico Fire Department)

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A faulty dishwasher is being blamed for a house fire in Henrico County. Crews were called to a home along the 2900 block of Magnus Lane on Monday morning.

“The occupants met firefighters outside and told them the kitchen was on fire,” Henrico Fire Capt. James Mellon wrote in an email. “Crews made entry and discovered moderate fire conditions in the kitchen and extinguished the fire within 10 minutes of arrival.”

Mellon said the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction in the dishwasher.  No injuries were reported.