(WTVR) - Approximately 196,222 pounds of frozen chicken quesadilla and other Farm Rich frozen snacks may be contaminated with E. coli according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service.
This is a Class I recall which means the health risk is high with a reasonable chance that use of the product will cause serious health consequences or death.
The following products are subject to FSIS recall:
* 7.2-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mini pizza slices with cheese pepperoni and sauce in pizza dough, UPC code 041322376909 with a best by date of May 15 or May 16, 2014.
* 22-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mini pizza slices with cheese pepperoni and sauce in pizza dough, UPC code 041322356437 with a best by date of May 15 or May 16, 2014.
* 18-oz. bags of Farm Rich mini quesadillas with cheese, grilled white meat chicken in a crispy crust, UPC code 041322356352 with a best by date of May 14, 2014.
* 21-oz. bags of Farm Rich philly cheese steaks with cheese, beef & onions in a crispy crust, UPC code 041322356345 with a best by date of May 13, 2014.
In addition, the following products, which fall under FDA jurisdiction, are also being recalled. FSIS is issuing this news release to make the public aware that these products are also considered potentially adulterated and should be properly discarded or destroyed.
* 22-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mozzarella bites in a pizzeria style crust, UPC code 041322374431 with a best by date of May 19, 2014.
* 7-oz. cartons of Farm Rich mozzarella bites in a pizzeria style crust, UPC code 041322376916 with a best by date of May 19, 2014.
Each product package above contains the establishment number "EST. 27232" or "P-27232" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The products subject to recall were produced between Nov. 12, 2012 and Nov. 19, 2012 then distributed for retail sale nationwide. FSIS and the establishment are concerned that some product may be present in household freezers.
Consumers with questions regarding the recall should contact the company's consumer line at (888) 220-5955 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Friday or visit the company website at www.farmrich.com.