RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) -- The flu season is the meanest it has been in a decade.
In fact, an updated map from the CDC shows the Commonwealth presently in the red zone, which is the highest category for flu cases reported in states.
Nurses at the CVS Minute Clinic said there are some myths about the flu and its vaccine.
- #1: It is too late to get the seasonal flu shot.
- #2: The flu shot can give you the flu.
- #3: If you got the flu vaccine last year, you don't have to get it again this year.
- #4: There are serious side effects caused by the flu vaccine.
- #5: Natural immunity or living a healthy lifestyle is better than getting immunity from the flu shot.
Watch the video above to hear why Nurse Practitioner Anne Pohnert said these are false.