Fundraiser for child who lost foot in lawnmower accident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FREDRICKSBURG, Va. (WTVR) - Shane's Rib Shack helped the family of a 10-year-old boy who lost part of his leg in a lawnmower accident. The restaurant donated 50 percent of its receipts Tuesday to Jeremy Klingbeil's family. The family can use the money to help pay their son's medical bills.

Jeremy  Klingbeil was moving lawns with his older brother last month when his mower stopped working. Jeremy slipped when he approached his brother's and his foot got caught underneath while the blade was still spinning.

CBS 6 News' Catie Beck talked with Jeremy’s family about the accident. Click here for that report.