RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) - Today on the CBS 6 News at Noon, Shirley Simmons made Tuna Pie. Simmons cooks every Monday on the CBS 6 News at Noon.
Here's the recipe:
You will need:
- 1 unbaked 9" pastry shell or one frozen and thawed
- 1 (13oz.) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4oz.)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare one crust pie according to directions on box, and prick bottom and sides with fork; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown, remove and let cool.
- In large bowl, mix together tuna, Swiss cheese, onion and spoon into pastry shell.
- In another bowl, stir together eggs, mayonnaise and milk. Slowly pour over tuna mixture.
- Bake 35 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
On Your Menu
March 5, 2012