Dayle Dunn Memorial Internship
WTVR-TV CBS 6 and the Community Advisory Council are honored to present the Dayle Dunn memorial minority internship. This scholarship is awarded to two minority college students each semester.
Selected students receive a paid internship in the CBS 6 newsroom and will follow the same curriculum outlined in the station’s academic internship program. For more information on the CBS 6 internship program, including deadline to apply, click the following link: CBS 6 Internship
If you are an ethnic minority student, as well as a rising junior/senior or graduate student obtaining a degree in broadcast journalism (or related degree), seeking a career in broadcasting and attend a college/university in the Richmond/Tri-Cities area, you are encouraged to apply for the Dayle Dunn minority intern scholarship.
Please send in the following requirements:
- Resume & Cover Letter
- Two letters of recommendation from either (a) College Professor (b) Broadcast Supervisor or Co-worker (c) Professional Supervisor
- College/University Transcript(s)
- Proof of College/University planned credit hours
Forward your resume packet to:
WTVR-TV, Attn: Laura Ashley, 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com
***Spring applications are closed.
We offer the following Internship Sessions:
- Fall (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – August 4)
- Spring (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – December 15)
- Summer (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – April 15)