All interested candidates must click here to apply via the Tribune Media careers website. Click here for the Tribune Media job application.
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE — POSTED 09/23/15
WTVR-CBS 6 is seeking a Sales Account Executive for a multi-platform sales position. We are searching for an individual who is hard working, competitive, likes to win, and has a proven track record of sales results. Ideal candidates should have demonstrated success in new business development.
- Effectively manage and account list of agency and direct clients
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with agency buyers, planners and clients
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to use Nielsen ratings along with qualitative information to fully leverage the station’s unique advantages in the market.
- Exceptional knowledge of Nielsen ratings and Scarborough information to help achieve our objectives.
- Strategic planner
- Ability to represent the station in a professional manner at all times and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned
At least 1 year sales experience cultivating new clients through cold-calling and aggressive prospecting is preferred. Strong presentation skills, creativity and a high level of customer service is expected. College degree preferred.
Please visit www.tribunemediacareers.com to apply. No phone calls please. WTVR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING — POSTED 09/22/15
WTVR-CBS 6, is seeking an innovative and passionate individual who will be responsible for creating and executing WTVR’s marketing strategies and community initiatives.
Candidates must have the knowledge to manage the station’s strong investigative news brand across all platforms and possess exceptional writing, videography, and editing skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with the news department and lead a team of talented producers and designers to increase station ratings and build WTVR’s overall preference in the Richmond market.
Candidates will also coordinate with sales to develop and execute revenue-generating ideas and engage community partners. High energy, a sense of urgency and strong communication skills are a must for this position!
Job Duties Include:
- Manage a department consisting of three writers/producers and two graphic designers
- Creation of on-air and cross-platform image campaigns, topical promotion, POBs, IDs, news opens and other related production elements, PSAs, and special event promotion.
- Work with General Manager and News Director to establish long-term goals and identify daily opportunities to reach the target audience using multiple platforms.
- Must have the knowledge and vision to produce creative that offers viewer benefit and has a passion for marketing news brands that differentiate through investigative coverage.
- Must have hands-on ability to shoot and edit with state-of-the art equipment and advanced non-linear editing systems, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Responsible for managing the newscast look and overall graphics presentation on all platforms.
- Manage and oversee the annual budget for the department.
- Must occasionally manage sales-related contests, rules, and special giveaways.
- Must understand how to traffic and strategically place all creative inventory using Wide Orbit.
- Must interact and work with CBS Affiliate Marketing and syndication representatives on projects, co-op and special events.
College degree required, preferably in marketing, broadcast journalism or related specialty.
Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5-years working inside a television station creative services department, and be particularly strong at strategic marketing of news.
Interested candidates can visit www.tribunemediacareers.com and search for job id 2015-43221 or select WTVR as the business unit and can view all of our open positions in Richmond. No phone calls please. WTVR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.