WTVR-6, the Tribune owned CBS has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer.
We are looking for a show doctor who can lead by example, coach excellence, inspire imagination, and reward creativity.
We need a leader who is dynamic and “hands on” who knows how to build up a lead story, craft a compelling newscast and is a decision maker with strong people skills. The right candidate is someone who is proficient at using social media and understands the importance of engaging viewers on all platforms.
Solid news judgment, impeccable writing, communication and organizational skills, and positive coaching is a must.
The Executive Producer will have overall responsibility for assigned newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content and production.
Other duties and qualifications include:
• Manage multiple newscasts to meet content objectives and newscast strategies to live up to the brand. Must be a brand ambassador.
• Set coverage expectations, hold show review sessions/critiques, and drive breaking news coverage
• Collaborate with the team to produce a first in class product.
• Innovate, think differently and be creative.
• Manage and develop producers, reporters and anchors through daily copy editing and discussions.
• Ability to produce newscasts on occasion and work non-traditional hours, weekend and holidays
• Assist in hiring, train, manage, and review work of producers and reporters
• Lead long-term planning for news content and special coverage
• Understand how to position great content on a variety of station platforms, including on-air, online, website, and social media
• Ability to act in a professional manner with other news personnel and interview subjects
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years previous news producing experience
• Supervisory experience highly preferred
Send cover letter, resume and reel with a spectacular newscast you lead your team to produce. What specific ideas and guidance did you offer in your example and how did it differentiate and reinforce your brand? Qualified candidates should apply to WTVR-CBS 6 News Director, Sheryl Barnhouse, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE.
All interested candidates must click here to apply via the Tribune Media careers website. Click here for the Tribune Media job application.
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE — POSTED 05/06/16
WTVR-TV CBS 6 Is seeking a Sales Account Executive for a multi-platform sales position. We are searching for an individual who is hard working, competitive, likes to win, and has a proven track record of sales results.
Ideal candidates should have demonstrated success in new business development. At least 1 year sales experience cultivating new clients through cold-calling and aggressive prospecting is preferred. Strong presentation skills, creativity and a high level of customer service is expected. College degree preferred.
Please visit www.tribunemediacareers.com to apply. No phone calls please. WTVR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.