Holiday Scratchers Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility:Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by WTVR-TV, WTKR-TV or WSET-TV and reside in Virginia. Employees of WTVR-TV, WTKR-TV and WSET-TV (the “Sponsors”), The Virginia Lottery, the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors, promotional agencies and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of all such employees are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Regions: For purposes of the Holiday Scratchers (the “Sweepstakes”), the Commonwealth of Virginia will be divided into three regions (each, a “Region”). The WTVR Region will consist of the following counties (and independent cities within those counties) and cities: Amelia, Brunswick, Buckingham, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Emporia, Essex, Franklin, Goochland, Greensville, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Lexington, Louisa, Lunenburg, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Nottoway, Orange, Petersburg, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George, Richmond, Sussex, Richmond-Ind and Alexandria, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fauquier, Frederick, Fredericksburg, King George, Loudoun, Manassas, Manassas Park, Page, Prince William, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Staunton, Warren, Westmoreland, Winchester and Augusta, Albemarle, Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Greene, Harrisonburg, Madison, Rockingham, Waynesboro; the WTKR Region will consist of the following counties (and independent cities within those counties) and cities: Accomack, Gloucester, Isle Of Wight, James City, Mathews, Northampton, Southampton, Suffolk City, Surry, Virginia Beach, York, Chesapeake City, Norfolk City, Portsmouth City, Poquoson, Hampton City, Newport News City; Williamsburg; and the WSET Region will consist of the following counties (and independent cities within those counties) and cities: Alleghany, Amherst, Appomattox, Bath, Bedford, Bland, Botetourt, Bristol, Buchanan, Buena Vista, Campbell, Carroll, Charlotte, Covington, Craig, Danville, Dickinson, Floyd, Franklin, Galax, Giles, Grayson, Halifax, Henry, Highland, Lee, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Nelson, Norton, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Radford, Roanoke, Rockbridge, Russell, Salem, Scott, Smyth, Tazwell, Washington, Wise and Wythe.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period:The Sweepstakes entry period begins on November 27, 2017 at 12:01 am ET and ends on December 14, 2017, at 11:59 pm ET (the “Entry Period”).
- Winner Selection: Each weekday beginning November 30, 2017 and ending December 15, 2017 (each a “Drawing Date”), WTVR-TV staff will randomly select three entries (one from each Region) from all eligible entries for that Region and announce the winner for each Region two weekday mornings later on WTVR-TV, WTKR-TV and WSET-TV news between 6 and 7 am ET. To be eligible for a Drawing Date, an entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET the night before the Drawing Date. For those Drawing Dates that fall on Fridays, the winner will be announced the following Tuesday. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Drawing Date and for each Region. Non-winning entries will carry over from one Drawing Date to the next.
- Winner Notification and Verification:Sponsors will attempt to contact the Sweepstakes winners via email. Winners’ names will be posted on WTVR.com, WTKR.com and WSET.com. If, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, the chosen winner: a) is found to be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, b) is not in compliance with these Official Rules, c) does not respond to initial notification attempt within 48 hours; or d) does not sign and return required documents by the deadline established by Sponsors, participant will be disqualified and will not be awarded the prize. An alternate winner may be selected by Sponsors’ in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries for that Drawing Date in that Region in their sole discretion, time permitting.
- Prizes:There are 36 prizes, one for each Region for each Drawing Date. Each of the winners will receive two $50 Virginia Lottery Holiday Scratcher gift packs.Scratchers are subject to terms and conditions thereon.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Winners are subject to verification by WTVR-TV, WTKR-TV or WSET-TV of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00).In order to claim his or her prize, each WTVR Region winner must appear in person at the business offices of WTVR-TV, located at 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230; each WTKR Region winner must appear in person at the business offices of WTKR-TV, located at 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510; and each WSET Region winner must appear in person at the business offices of WSET, located at 2320 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, VA 24501 during normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm ET) on business days by no later thanJanuary 19, 2018. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity, an acceptance document from The Virginia Lottery and may be required to provide a completed W-9. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
- Publicity Release:By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof in connection with the Sweepstakes, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
- Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, it will determine the winners of remaining prizes by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect, non-winning entries received as of the termination date in each Region and will attempt to notify those winners by telephone or email. If Sponsors terminate the Sweepstakes, they will announce their action on the Sweepstakes website. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes will be disqualified, if discovered by Sponsors. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays in the Sweepstakes. Other than the prizes received by the winners, no entrant will be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If Sponsor determines that an entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, such entrant may be disqualified and reported to the authorities.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless:By participating, entrants agree: (a) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsors, Upickem, Facebook, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (b) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
- Limitation of Liability:The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (b) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (c) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsors due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (d) mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (e) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (f) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (g) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (h) entries that are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (i) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the entry process are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsors will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
- Choice of Law/Forum:All entrants agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, without regard Virginia’s choice of law rules. The courts of Virginia will be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Official Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Official Rules:To request a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVR-TV, located at 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230 byJanuary 19, 2018. Written copies of these Official Rules are also available during normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm ET) at WTVR-TV’s business offices or online on the Sweepstakes website.
- Names of Winners:For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WTVR-TV, located at 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm ET). Requests for winners list must be received byJanuary 19, 2018.
- Rights Reserved:The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsors and/or Second Street without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Sponsors:WTVR-TV, 3301 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230, WTKR-TV, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510 and WSET, 2320 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, VA 24501.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.