RICHMOND, Va. – The hot days of a Central Virginia summer are perfect for a cool treat. Local baker Leanne Fletcher joined us on the show to teach us how easy it is make your own homemade popsicles. Big Herm’s Kitchen is located at 315 N 2nd St in Richmond. For more information you can visit www.bighermskitchen.com
SWEET LEANNE’S BERRY CHEESECAKE POPSICLES
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/3 cup powder sugar
• 1/4 tsp sweet n low
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp lemon zest
• 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped, divided
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• Cream the cream cheese in a food bleander until smooth.
• Add heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and sweet n low. Blend until smooth
• Remove 1/2 cup of mixture. Add in Blueberries and blend together until smooth.
• Add 1 1/2 cups of the strawberries blen until 1 min. Stir in remaining chopped strawberries blend another min.
• Pour blueberry mixture into Popsicle molds first. Tap down to remove air bubbles. Place strawberry mixture to fill.
• Place popsicle sticks in.
• Freeze at least 4 hours.
• Run under warm tap water for seconds, and then twist stick gently to release.