Friends remember dad killed in Car Pool shooting
Crews battle house fire in Colonial Heights
Suspect, victim ID’d in deadly Henrico car wash shooting

Family displaced in Prince George house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, Va. — A family of four is displaced after a fire ripped through their home in Prince George County early Saturday morning.

Fire and EMS units were dispatched to the 3300 block of Tavern Road shortly before 5 a.m. after the homeowners called 9-1-1 and reported heavy fire coming from the rear of the house as they attempted to extinguish the flames themselves. Units arrived on scene within eight minutes of the call to find heavy fire conditions throughout the house.

All four occupants were accounted for and were able to get out of the house without injury. The Red Cross was notified and responded to help the family with temporary housing.

Officials say that personnel worked vigorously to bring the fire under control and that it appears to have started outside of the residence.

The fire is currently under investigation.