RICHMOND, Va. -- Crews are battling a blaze at an apartment building on Broad Street near VCU Saturday night.
Richmond fire crews were called to the the Capital Garage Apartments in the 1300 block of W. Broad Street around 9:40 p.m. for reports of a kitchen fire in an apartment on the third floor.
As of 10:55 p.m., crews said they were still fighting the fire and searching the apartment to make sure no one was inside.
Both lanes of Broad Street were shutdown as a result of the fire.
There has been no word yet on what sparked the fire.
Stay with WTVR.com and watch CBS 6 News at 11 p.m. for updates on this developing story.