RICHMOND, Va. – Entrepreneur Kate Giska, Founder of meal delivery service Support Suppers, made her debut on Virginia This Morning and walked us through the steps on creating her signature creamy Macaroni and Cheese Italian-Style complete with a Buttery Crumb Topping. For more information you can visit http://www.supportsuppers.com
Macaroni & Cheese:
16oz. Smooth elbow macaroni noodles
16oz. Ricotta cheese
8oz. Sour Cream
3 cups Shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 clove Minced garlic
2 tbsp. Melted butter
1 cup Plain breadcrumbs
¼ cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• In a large bowl gently whisk the 2 eggs.
• Add ricotta, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and garlic to the eggs and stir until completely combined.
• Cook the macaroni noodles according to package instructions, drain and add to the cheese mixture stirring until combined.
• Transfer the macaroni and cheese to an oven-safe baking dish.
• In a small bowl gently combine the melted butter with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese with a fork until all the breadcrumbs are coated and moist, then sprinkle the mixture over the macaroni and cheese until completely covered.
• Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly, then Broil for 3-5 minutes to brown the crumb topping.
Active Time: 15 minutes, Total time: 50 minutes, Serves 8-12 people