RICHMOND, Va. — The temperature dropped to 27° Wednesday morning, tying the record low from 1975. It was also the coldest temperature in Richmond since 26° on March 5.
Here are some other record lows:
- Emporia 25°, old record 30° in 2007
- Farmville 23°, old record 25° in 1950
- Lynchburg 25°, ties record from 2004
- Danville 25°, old record 28° in 2007
- Dulles Airport 24°, ties record from 1966
Low temperatures Thursday morning will be in the mid to upper 40s, and in the lower 40s Friday morning. However, colder lows will occur over the weekend. Lows Saturday morning will be in the mid 30s, making it a chilly setting for the Monument Avenue 10K.
Another cold plunge of air will arrive Sunday morning with lows in the 20s again.
Lows Monday morning will be in the lower 30s. A somewhat warmer pattern will set up next week.