Overheated kitchen fan blamed for East End house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va -- Firefighters responded to an early-morning fire in Henrico's East End Thursday.

The fire broke out at around 3:00 a.m. in a home in the 1600 block of Graves Road in Sandston. The family called 911 when a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control in about 20 minutes.

Everyone was able to make it out of the home safely. There were no injuries.

The cause was found to be an overheated fan in the kitchen's range hood.

Firefighters said working smoke detectors alerted everyone inside to the fire. The family was not displaced, and damage to the home was minimal.