RICHMOND, Va - Culinary Expert Gabrielle Tenney, Owner of Savvy & Well with Gabrielle, whipped up some delicious fish tacos with homemade avocado sauce. Gabrielle will be hosting a Savvy & Well Food Party on Saturday, March 28th from 2pm to 3pm at Great Harvest Bread Company, located at 9369 Atlee Road in Rutland Commons in Mechanicsville. For more information you can visit online at www.savvyandwell.com.
Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce
Remoulade Sauce (2 tablespoon serving = 114 calories)
- 2 Tablespoon chipotle sauce or 1 whole chipotle, chopped (if you like it spiiizzy)
- ½ lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablepsoon capers, rough chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, rough chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed up (instead of mayo)
- 2 T salt
- 2 T sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup finely shredded cabbage
1 Filet of Rockfish
For Remoulade: Combine all ingredients (except avocado) in blender and blend until paste like consistency. Add couple drops of water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Add to mashed avocado and mix. Season if needed.
For Pickled Cabbage: add all ingredients in bowl, mix, set aside at least 20 min. Done.
For Fillet of Fish: Turn broiler on.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel.
- Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, put on baking sheet under the broiler for 2-6 minutes or until opaque. Flip and put back in oven for another 2-6 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork (or your finger)
- Assemble- heat up tortillas in a pan or griddle or use romaine lettuce leaves, add 2 tbl remoulade, a handful of pickled cabbage and 2 oz fish.
Homemade Corn Tortillas
Masa and enough water to make dough into playdough consistency.