Manchester apartments evacuated twice this week over gas leak
RICHMOND, Va. — The buildings at 700 Stockton and 700 Everett Street have been evacuated twice this week over a gas leak.
On Friday afternoon tenants in the building were evacuated as repairs were being made from an overnight gas leak Tuesday.
During that event around 100 people had to be evacuated from the Hopper Loft building.
Many residents in Manchester had to spend part of the night in their cars — with their pets — as Richmond Public Utilities tweeted.