From Thursday to Monday morning, police responded to six homicides, one including a young man shot by his girlfriend's father.
- Thursday, around 8:30 p.m., in the 3600 block of East Broad Rock Boulevard. Man shot, dies later at VCU Medical.
- Friday, around 11:30 p.m., at South Confederate Avenue and West Berry Street, a 19-year-old boy dies at VCU Medical from a gunshot wound (Henrico).
- Sunday at 2:30 a.m. in 400 block of Westover Hills. Two men died, one woman shot after house party.
- Sunday evening after 8:30 p.m., Woodbriar apartment complex in the 600 block of Warwick Village Drive. Man found fatally shot.
- Monday at 3 a.m. in the 4500 block of South Laburnum, man shot at White Oak Shopping Center (Henrico).
Richmond has had 37 homicides this year already, that's the same amount the city saw in all of 2013.
In the wake of growing crime, the faith community is coming together to try and make a difference. On Monday night 16 church congregations from across the Richmond region met at Union Presbyterian Seminary.
The group discussed issues like education, affordable housing and neighborhood safety.
RISC, which stands for Richmonders Involved to Strengthen our Communities, meets every fall to pick a problem in the community to help solve.
The group helped form the city's affordable housing trust fund this past year.
Local pastors say the issue of poverty and crime can't be ignored.