COMPLETE COVERAGE: Supreme Court vacates McDonnell conviction

Chesterfield mom, child left homeless following overnight house fire

CHESTERFIELD, Va. -- A mother and child were forced from their home overnight following a house fire. The two were awakened by a smoke detector going off inside the home, at which time they managed to escape unharmed.

Fire crews were called to the townhouse located in the Buford Commons neighborhood, near Buford Road and Midlothian Turnpike, around midnight. The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes, but not before causing significant damage to the home.

As a precaution several families living near the townhouse, which caught fire, were also evacuated as precaution. Fire investigators said there was concern the flames might spread.

The fire has been ruled accidental. No word just yet on when those families evacuated will be allowed to return to their homes. It's also unknown right now how much damages the fire caused.

Stay with CBS 6 for more on this developing story.

Filed in: News

Topics: ,

Suggest a correction

1 Comment

Comments are closed.


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,911 other followers