Wrong-way driver causes four-vehicle crash on Interstate 295

295 accident

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — The driver of a 2005 BMW was charged with Reckless Driving, No Operators License and Possession of Marijuana following a Thursday morning accident on Interstate 295. Hector M. Morales, Jr., 28, of New York, was flown to VCU Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

Morales was driving north on I-295 near Route 10 at about 7:30 a.m. when he crossed the median and into on-coming traffic, police said.

295 accident 02

“The BMW continued north in the south bound lanes, it then struck a 2000 Ford Expedition causing it to over-turn in the median, a 1996 Chevrolet van traveling south was hit and finally it struck a 2005 Kenworth tractor-trailer causing it to jack-knife in the left lane,” Virginia State Police Sgt. Steve Vick wrote in an email. “Fatigue may have been a factor in the crash which remains under investigation.”

None of the other drivers were seriously hurt.

All lanes of Interstate 205 reopened at about 10:45 a.m.

Scott Wise August 14, 20147:45 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20147:45 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20147:51 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20148:06 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20148:26 am

This accident is on 95 in the same area.

Scott Wise August 14, 20148:34 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20148:36 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20148:36 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20149:03 am

Scott Wise August 14, 20149:03 am

Meanwhile… on I-95.

Scott Wise August 14, 201410:58 am

All lanes are now open. No backups remain.

• lola

He is young dumb and full of. …… If you had no license would that stop you from driving? ? Watch what you say it may just be you stricken with an unorthodox handicap.

• Hector

MJ I was unaware my license was suspended. If I would’ve known I would’ve got it straightened out before driving. I wasn’t driving wreck less I had a seizure. Who wants to crash their BMW on purpose? Not I.

• athynz

“The driver of a 2005 BMW was charged with Reckless Driving, No Operators License and Possession of Marijuana following a Thursday morning accident on Interstate 295. Hector M. Morales, Jr., 28, of New York, was flown to VCU Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.”

Yeah it was a “health problem” that caused him to drive recklessly with no license and having weed in is possession. Right. It’ll be interesting to see what the tox screen says.

• Hector

Lol actually I had a seizure and the tox screen came back clean. Do some more research before believing everything you hear.

• Aaron

@ Kristen how is it irrelevant that he didn’t have a license. Had he not been driving since he was NOT LEGALLY allowed to do so then there wouldn’t have been a crash plain and simple.

• athynz

So it was “irrelevant” that he had weed on him, it was “irrelevant” that he was driving without a license? What excuses do you have for that again?

• Hector

Actually no they didn’t lie. I was unaware of my license being suspended and as far as the weed… It was in the car not in my system. So what is the point you’re trying to make? I had a seizure and that’s why I crashed. Do some more research before opening your mouth next time. Also try to make a valid point too

• athynz

Okay, I’ll bite. 1) If you are prone to seizures how is it that you are allowed to legally drive? 2) How could you not know your license was suspended? 3) So the weed was in your car – which means you are carrying an illegal substance. 4) How do we really know you are the Hector in this story and not someone’s lame idea of a joke?

• Hector

1) My seizures are under control. My last one was 3 years ago. 2)Um… By not knowing my license was suspended. I never got a moving violation, just parking tickets. I have two unpaid tickets for my inspection but I highly doubt that’s why my license is suspended. 3)Yes it was in the car. What does that have to do with the accident? When you have a legit reason to keep mentioning it please let me know. 4)If you’d like I could email you some pictures of my car before the accident and my injuries. I have no reason to be a troll like you.

• Charles

The truck driver was not at fault,this time…So leave him out of it.Dagone drug runner from New York caused this one.No License,No Insurance,Possession of Drugs.Wreckless Driving.

• Kristen

• athynz

This says it all. You were saying?

• lola

He is not a drug runner and how would you know? What are you trying to say? You are one? You seem to know something.

• Hector

Lol wow! I’m a drug runner? You’re a fool. You must be from the south with the way you jump to conclusions based off of half a story. I had a seizure you special person you. Did they say how much weed was in the car? Because nowhere in this article did I read anything about selling or running drugs. Keep your trap shut. You make your southern folk look uneducated.

• Kristen

• mj

What’s so ignorant about assuming a hispanic man with no driver’s license driving the wrong way down the interstate is an illegal immigrant. To not ask that question would be ignorant!

• athynz

“KRISTEN
        You low life’s are so unbelievable it’s insane. How about you just don’t comment on a story you know absolutely nothing or maybe say “thank God no one was hurt!” I could never be as closed minded and ignorant as you all are.”

Really. Okay first of all you don’t know a thing about anyone who is posting here so calling everyone “low life” is insane and close minded which given your post is more than a bit hypocritical. As far as not knowing about the story the fact that he was driving recklessly without a license and with weed in his possession speaks volumes. Why are you so hell-bent on defending this man?

• 143almostthere

In this case, luckily “no thanks to the irresponsible driver” nobody got killed. I hope they test his blood for THC and he can’t drive if he’s in jail then nobody else will get hurt.

• Lisa

1) If the injuries were not life threatening, then why use a very expensive helicopter? Who is paying for that?
    2) Is Hector an illegal?

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,772 other followers