SYRACUSE, Utah — Fundraising efforts are underway for the family of a high school cheerleader killed sunbathing in the driveway of her Utah home. Marli Hamblin died Sunday, two days after the accident, according to Fox13now.com.
Hamblin, 15, had headphones on and was listening to music when her sister backed over her with a truck, police said. Investigators said the sister could not see Hamblin in the driveway.
“If you’re in a big truck and you look behind you, you might not be able to see directly behind you,” Syracuse (Utah) Police spokesperson Erin Behm said. “I think that that’s what happened here. It was just an accident.”
Hamblin’s friends have come together to raise money for her family. They’ve put “Marli’s Miracle” on bracelets that they are selling in the community.
The miracle refers to Hamblin donating her organs so other people may live. Money raised from bracelet sales will help Hamblin’s family pay for funeral costs and other expenses.
For more information on the bracelets click here.