If you’ve ever experienced what it’s like to plan a wedding and manage the guest list, you understand the laborious process of balancing costs with friendship.
Perhaps you’ve been on the uninvited side of things, and pined away for that coveted wedding invitation that all your friends seemed to receive.
In either case you can appreciate this bride’s Facebook post, though you may ultimately question her sanity.
Reddit user Sea_Basstian posted an image of her alleged Facebook announcement, with personal info redacted.
We are sending out invites for the wedding this week. Going through the list of people to invite. We only have so much room at the church and reception. I’m going to try and make this as simple as possible so no one gets butt hurt. If you do not get an invite here is a list of potential reasons why.
- If I have invited you everytime [sic] we have a group function and you never show up
- If you are just a work acquaintance and I have never hung out with you outside of work
- If I show up to thinks you invite me to and you never show up to our invites or even respond
- If I have only hung out with you in a group setting and we’re not that close of friends
- If at any point you have ever talked shit about me or [redacted] your [sic] definitely not invited
- If your [sic] only going to show up for food and alcohol and really have no interest other than that
- If you got married and I thought we were friends and you didn’t invite me
If you don’t get an invite and you are planning on coming let me or [redacted]
Can you empathize?