RICHMOND, Va. — More evidence has been released in the federal corruption trial of former Virginia governor Bob McDonnell and former First Lady Maureen McDonnell.
Evidence made public Thursday shows the expensive gifts Jonnie Williams purchased for the first lady. Other evidence released Friday highlights correspondence from the governor’s mansion and Virginia health officials about Star Scientific. Another email details the Executive Mansion Director’s requests for itemized receipts for the wedding reception held at the mansion for McDonnell’s daughter.
In addition to filing video reports during breaks in the trial, CBS 6 reporter Joe St. George is providing live updates from the court.
Depend on CBS 6 News and WTVR.com for the most in-depth coverage of this important story.
- LIVE UPDATES: Jonnie Williams denies romantic relationship with Maureen McDonnell
- Intimate details about Governor McDonnell, first lady make for ‘extraordinary’ day in Virginia politics
- Judge releases photos, emails and receipts used as evidence in McDonnell corruption trial
- Judge tells potential McDonnell jurors to ‘not be intimidated’
- HOLMBERG: McDonnell’s corruption case tied to the man with the golden tongue
- HOLMBERG: Testimony seems to back up ‘bimbo defense’ in McDonnell corruption trial