SCOTT TOWNSHIP, Penn. – A man shopping for some bananas at a Pennsylvania Walmart with his children was shocked when he got pinched by a large scorpion.
The man, who did not want to be identified, was with his two-year-old and three-year-old children at the Washington Pike store June 18 when he reached into a box of bananas and was pinched.
“I was standing there in disbelief looking and there was another shopper there and people started to converge and sure enough it was a scorpion,” he told KDKA.
The man flung the scorpion onto the ground, and killed it with the box lid.
The man visited a doctor but wasn’t seriously hurt. The company offered to pay his medical expenses.
Following the incident, Walmart issued a statement to Huffington Post, saying, “We’re committed to providing our customers with safe, quality food products. As soon as we were made aware of this situation, we alerted our food safety team, our suppliers, and our third party pest control provider, who inspected the product and the store and found no other issues.”