PHOENIX, Ariz. — A 16-year-old Canadian boy who has threatened to kill Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio seven times during the past year has been released by the Canadian court system.
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, 81, is serving his sixth term as sheriff.
MCSO said the teen had been awaiting sentencing for his previous threats when Arpaio received on May 1 another email allegedly sent by the teen threatening to stab him. The teen was arrested the same day.
KPHO reports that the teen’s threats against the sheriff have also appeared online at the sheriff’s website.
“Arpaio, I have not forgotten you. You think you are tough s***? I’m going to stab you 100 times before I decapitate you, you grease ball ***. I’m f*** serious. Your hours are numbered my friend. You’re gonna die today, not tomorrow.”
The teen’s first threat against Arpaio was made in July 2013 and directed at his wife, children and grandchildren. The teen said he would murder Arpaio and his family, and bomb his house.
The second threat came in October when the teen promised to open fire on the sheriff and his wife, and make sure the sheriff simply “vanishes.”
In the third threat, made in November, the suspect said he was planning to kill the sheriff with a Glock handgun.
The fourth threat occurred in January 2014 and came shortly after his release from a psychiatric facility near Alberta, Canada, where the court had ordered him to a 30-day stay.
The teen emailed the sheriff’s website and said that he “will never stop until I am put away for good. I hate you so much that I will travel to Arizona to chop off your b**ls with a meat cleaver and turn you into a woman.”
Arpaio said while he worries about the safety of his family, he’s “concerned about what could occur in Canada. ‘What will Canadian authorities say when this young man, who fits the profile of so many who have killed, picks up a gun in his hometown and starts shooting?’” Arpaio said.
One judge placed the suspect into a mandatory psychiatric hospital stay. Another placed him on probation. He is currently on home detention and his access to the Internet has apparently been suspended.
The suspect’s next court date is on June 12, according to MCSO Detective Brian Mackiewicz.