Freeze warning issued for parts of Virginia
ENTER NOW: Win $600 on CBS 6 This Morning starting Monday

Kitchen fire in East Henrico home Saturday afternoon

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO, Va. (WTVR) -- Fire officials arrived and quickly extinguished a kitchen fire at a home in Henrico's East End.

Henrico Fire received a call around 4 p.m. Saturday in the 2900 block of Muncie Road. Units on the scene reported the fire to be a small fire contained in the kitchen of a three story residence. Firefighters had the fire under control within two minutes of arrival and had the fire extinguished within several minutes.

The cause of fire was determined to be accidental. A resident put a pan of grease on the stove to heat it up to cook. The cook left the stove unattended to respond to the doorbell. The grease went up in flames within minutes. A smoke alarm alerted residents of the fire. A resident used a nearby fire extinguisher to control the flames before firefighters arrived.

The home suffered minor smoke and fire damage, but the family will not be displaced due to the fire.