RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) - Eggs, Potatoes, Sausage, Irish Whiskey Soaked Salmon and Irish Soda Bread were the stars of Chef Bill Erlenbach’s breakfast entrée.
Irish Soda Bread
Flour 4 cups
Baking Powder 1 Teaspoon
Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon
Salt, Kosher 1 Teaspoon
Orange zest, grated 1 Teaspoon
Caraway Seeds 2 Tablespoons
Butter, softened 2 oz
Currants or raisans 1 cup
Buttermilk, room temp 12 oz
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange zest, and caraway seeds.
- Cut the butter and the sugar into the flour mixture until the dough resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the currants.
- Combine the buttermilk and honey.
- Add milk mixture to the flour and mix.
- Knead 1 minute. Shape into rounded loaves.
- Let rest 10 minutes. Bake 325