Friday Cheers is probably older than you, and just as fresh
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR)–Friday Cheers, a Richmond tradition, is now celebrating its 30th season.
The series, managed by Venture Richmond, returns to Brown’s Island on May 2, with a fantastic musical act roster.
This year, enjoy breakout bands, national acts and even Richmond’s hometown talent. Children 12 and under are free.
- May 2: Vintage Trouble and Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers
- May 9: Lord Huron with The Northerners
- May 23: RVA Music Night with Avers, Todd Herrington’s Things and The Green Boys
- May 30: J. Roddy Walston and the Business and Kopecky Family Band
- June 6: Futurebirds and Spirit Family Reunion
- June 13: Funky Meters with Mekong Xpress and The Get Fresh Horns
- June 20: Houndmouth and St. Paul and the Broken Bones
- June 27: Neko Case with Laura Veirs
There are three entry points to Brown’s Island, and payment will be taken at each. Cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Debit and credit cards are only taken at two entry points: the pedestrian bridge at 5th and 7th streets.
No pets are allowed.
For more information, contact Venture Richmond at (804) 788-6466.
6 to 9:30 p.m.
$5 or $10 depending on the show, children under 12 are free
Season pass available for $35 between March 6-April 1, and for $45 after April 1.