Richmond chef Lee Gregory named James Beard Foundation Semifinalist
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Richmond chef Lee Gregory was named as a semifinalist in the 2014 James Beard Foundation Awards for “Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic.”
“We are *stoked* to share that chef Lee Gregory has been named a James Beard Semifinalist for 2014,” Gregory’s restaurant, The Roosevelt, tweeted Wednesday. Gregory helped owner Kendra Feather open the Church Hill restaurant in 2011.
Other Virginia semifinalist chefs include:
- Cathal Armstrong, Restaurant Eve, Alexandria, VA
- Tarver King, The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm, Lovettsville, VA
- Angelo Vangelopoulos, The Ivy Inn Restaurant, Charlottesville, VA
The James Beard Awards “are the highest honor for food and beverage professionals working in North America,” the Beard website touted.
Winners will be announced in May.
In 2012, Gregory appeared on Virginia This Morning and demonstrated how to make a simple yet delicious Eggplant Tomato Sauce. [Click here for the recipe]
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis