Early morning kitchen fire displaces one in East Henrico

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va- (WTVR)  Henrico County Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 55,500 block of Raleigh Road in the county's East End early Saturday morning.

Crews arrived around 12:20 A.M. and found a small fire in the kitchen.

According to Captain Danny Rosenbaum, firefighters contained the fire to the kitchen and quickly extinguished it within 14 minutes.

The cause could be from the fire was a grease fire on the stove.

There was only one occupant in the house at the time of the fire.

He was treated for minor smoke inhalation and has been temporarily displaced.

The Red Cross has been called in to assist.