RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) – Gabrielle Tenney currently studies at VCU and already has a Culinary Degree from the Culinary Institute of America. Today, she shared two of her recipes with us, Roasted Veggie Salad with Romesco Dressing and a Boozy Mocha Frappucino.
Roasted Veggie Salad with Romesco Dressing
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1 cup beets, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 3 tbl. pure olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper (or 2 small), roasted y peeled
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbl. white vinegar (sherry vinegar if you have it)
- pinch of salt and pepper and chili flake
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1. Remove the core and seeds of the red bell pepper(s).
- 2. Add all ingredients to blender to a thick consistency.
- Turn on oven to 400 degrees. Toss veggies separately with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place each veg on sheet pan and put into oven. Roast about 20 minutes or until brown. Brown means more flavor.
- Transfer all ingredients and toss with romesco dressing.
Boozy Mocha Frap
Gabrielle Tenney: Gabrielle Tenney Recipe type: Cocktail Serves: 1 Ingredients 3 ounces brewed coffee, room temperature ¼ cup milk of choice 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder 1 frozen banana 1 date, pitted ½ cup ice 2 oz bourbon Instructions Blend all ingredients until smooth. – See more at: