RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) -- One area business is once again encouraging folks to donate gently used shoes to those in need.
Saxon Shoes, which is celebrating its 60th anniversary, is kicking off its annual Shoes for the Needy drive giving back to the community.
Folks can drop off donations at Saxon Shoes at Short Pump Town Center or the Village at Spotsylvania Towne Centre through Dec. 24.
The shoes collected will be given to the Salvation Army to distribute to the needy.
"This is our 21st year doing Shoes for the Needy. We love it,” said Saxon Shoes President Gary Weiner. “We've probably put the better part of 100,000 pairs of shoes and people in the community who really need that pair of shoes.”
Saxon Shoes, which is one of the largest independent shoe stores in the country, will host several events throughout the holiday season to help promote community donations. For group donation information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also drop off donations during the following events:
- Lights Kick-Off Event at Spotsylvania Towne Centre – Nov. 9 6:30 p.m.
- Santa Breakfast, Food Court at Short Pump Town Center – Dec. 7 8:30 a.m.
- Santa Breakfast, Chick-fil-A at Short Pump Town Center – Dec. 7 10 a.m.
- VCU Rams game -- Siegel Center – Dec. 8
- Holiday Concert – Courtyard Short Pump Town Center – Dec. 14 3 p.m.