Police offer advice for Phish fans visiting Virginia
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police have released a welcome message with advice for Phish fans heading into town for this weekend’s concerts at the Hampton Coliseum – also known as ‘The Mothership’ to fans and band members:
The Hampton Police Division and the City of Hampton take great pleasure in welcoming you while you attend the Phish concerts, October 18, 2013-October 20, 2013. We wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with a few important points to ensure that you have a wonderful and safe experience.
- For those of you who have accommodations at nearby hotels, you will find it is most convenient to attend the events by walking the short distance to the Coliseum. Please stay alert and utilize the pedestrian cross walks and traffic signals when walking to the events.
- The intersection of Coliseum Drive and Pine Chapel Road is one of the busiest in the city during Coliseum events so, if you are not within walking distance of the Coliseum be sure to allow yourself appropriate travel time to avoid the last-minute traffic congestion.
- Please DO NOT park in any of the private lots in the area. Those lots are designated for customers of those establishments and unauthorized vehicles are subject to be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Please remember to secure all items of value inside your vehicle. Items such as cameras, stereos and GPS devices should not be left in plain view.
- Police Officers will be on duty throughout the entire Coliseum area during all of the events and will remain on duty as events begin to shut down. Additional lighting will be provided to assist pedestrians when walking back to their hotels.
- For those who may not be familiar with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, be advised that they prohibit the consumption of alcoholic beverages in public and it is unlawful to bring alcohol beverages into the Coliseum.
The Hampton Police Division will be adding additional officers in the area during the event. The Division will also be collaborating our efforts with the assistance of the Virginia State Police and the Newport News Police Department. Our joint mission is to not only enforce the law but more so to ensure patrons have a safe and enjoyable experience.