VIRGINIA THIS MORNING: Incredible Edible Shrimply Deviled Eggs
RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) – It’s an easy to make appetizer you’ll definitely want to keep on hand. Mary Rapoport shares Carrie Rodgers, award-winning recipe for Shrimply Deviled Eggs.
6 large Eggs, hard boiled* and peeled
12 oz. Beer and 1 teas. Old Bay seasoning
12 large Shrimp plus enough shrimp to measure 1 cup, chopped
3 – 4 T. Mayonnaise
1 T. Pesto
2 T. Capers (include caper juice)
2 T. finely chopped Onion
2 T. finely chopped Parsley
Salt, Pepper, onion powder, garlic salt and a spec of Dijon mustard to taste
Paprika to garnish
- While eggs are cooking, place beer in a saucepan with Old Bay and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Put the whole shrimp and the shrimp to chop in the boiling water; bring to a second boil and turn off heat. Leave shrimp in hot water for 5 minutes or until pink in color, drain and peel. Set aside 12 and chop the rest.
- Slice hard boiled, peeled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop yolks out and place in a mixing bowl, mashing the yolks.
- Add remaining ingredients and the chopped shrimp and mix together thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture by spoonfuls into the white half of each egg. Place one shrimp on top of each egg and sprinkle with paprika.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Makes 12 amazing appetizer portions
*To hard boil eggs: Place eggs in a saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch; cover pan; heat over high heat just to boiling. Remove from burner. Let eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes. Drain; cool down in ice water; and peel off shells.