Enter to win $600 Walmart gift card

Tips for a safe season of fun grilling

Summer might be synonymous with grilling, but many grill users may not know just how easy it is for a fun party to go up in flames.

Users run the risk of having flames exposed to the house, and of being caught on fire. Most of the time, it’s due to the location in which a person grills.

“Anytime you’re dealing with combustible product, gases, ignition sources of that type, you have to operate with caution,” said one firefighter.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has more than 1,800 reports in its databases related to gas grills and barbeques.

There have also been a number of recalls of gas grills and propane tanks in the past few years.

Late last year, ESPN and former CBS anchor Hannah Storm was left with burns all over face, neck and arms after an explosion with her gas grill late last year.

Lieutenant Wayne Cooke offered a little demo about safety. Click on the video above to find out how to keep your friends and family safe and how to check for leaks, plus the one place you never want to grill.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,710 other followers